Monday, October 23, 2006

Mind Hacks and Surgery

This will be my last blog-entry for at least a couple of weeks. I'm going in for surgery tomorrow to have my kidney removed and transplanted into my sister. It will take me about two weeks to recover to the point where I can sit in front of the computer for any length of time - and another two weeks before I return to work. (Well wishes and prayers for both my sister and me will be warmly welcomed :-)

I received two pretty cool books from O'Reilly the other day. They're not your normal fare. And I havent finished either of them yet. But I'm leafing through them and they both look waaaayyy cool and extremely useful:I'm looking forward to making my way through the rest of these two books and learning more about how my mind works and how to make better use of it (and better "maintain" it :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brad, I don't know if you'll see this before you go in for surgery, but I wish you and your sister the best of care and the best of luck. I hope my book can help you while away a few hours during recovery. Perhaps you can even test a few hacks under "battle conditions".

Ron Hale-Evans
Author, Mind Performance Hacks
rwhe@ludism.org

Anonymous said...

I hope the surgery goes well for you.

Thanks for the posting about mind hacks.

The McCarthy's have a set of techniques that I've found helpful. One is called Personal Alignment.

Anonymous said...

Today I learned about your surgery. I wish you and your sister all the best!

Many thanks for your nice and helpful writings on SCM!


Regards
Jan Hollevoet
Belgium

Anonymous said...

Brad ,

I hope everything works out well for you both .

Conor Rogers